17 October 2007

It is Official!


T and I are officially engaged! He proposed while I was out there visiting. This is a picture of the ring he got me. I know, there is no stone on it, but it is exactly what I wanted (I even got to pick it out.) Anyway, here is the story how it happened. T came into the room I was sleeping in on Sunday morning and woke me up with breakfast in bed. As he handed me a homemade waffle with strawberries and whipped cream, he got down on one knee by the bed. (I made him wait so I could put my glasses on.) And then he asked me to marry him. (I think it may have helped that he knew the answer to that question.) It was so nice, and I'm glad it wasn't in front of a ton of people. At one point on the dance floor at the ball, the DJ had all the guys get on one knee in front of the ladies they were dancing with, and my heart kind of skipped a beat because I wasn't sure if he was going to propose then or not. That, I think, is part of the fun of not knowing is the anticipation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home