13 April 2006

The Noble Art of Weeding

No, I am not talking about the narcotic weed, but the gardening kind of weeding. I've been helping my parents get their house ready to sell, and today I spent about 4 hours weeding the backyard. Now, up front I will say that now that I am an adult, I do like to spend time pulling up weeds; there is something therapeutic about it. Towards the end of the time, I was thinking of all the lessons learned from weeding today from the adult perspective. I know that as a kid I thought Mom and Dad made us pull weeds because it needed to be done, but maybe it could be because of these 3 things weeding cultivates. 1)Patience, 2) Perserverance, and 3) Attention to detail (I found parsley plants growing in 3 unexpected places.) At the moment, I think maybe we could add facing your fears (weeds near the woodpile and the "spider" rose bush.) Please excuse any spelling errors you may find in this entry....my spell check is being blocked.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

And we thank you hardily for your help. And of course we had you weed as children so you would discover those deeper meanings in life!

12:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was there for that. And, I learned lots and was amazed at all of the plant knowledge you and your mom possess. You guys have so many random facts. Thanks for teaching me:)

8:56 AM  
Blogger Dawn M said...

Amy, it is our pleasure, and I hope you were able to take some of the herbs home and use them!

10:11 PM  
Blogger L said...

The noble art of weeding is lame. Isn't that why we get married, so that he has to do that?

7:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home