08 April 2008

Cooper River Bridge Run

This last weekend, I ran in my first race, a 10K (6.2 miles), that went over one of the bridges here. I was nervous that I wouldn't be able to run the whole way, since I had never run that far before. It ended up being very fun, and I finished with a better time than I thought. I ran it in 54 minutes and 8 seconds. WOOHOO!!! T finished it much faster and his mom came in at just over and hour I think. I didn't think I would like it at first. The start was poorly organized and I couldn't get up to my start point, then, it was hard to truly run, because I was offroading to try to get around people while in a crowd, but halfway up the incline of the bridge, it cleared out, and I enjoyed in much more. I think I would do it again, although I went running today (two days after, and my legs got sore really fast.) Fun though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home