17 January 2008

The wedding

I don't have pictures of this day just yet on this computer, but if you want to see a few pictures of the day, click on the Blue Sky link on the left of the screen.

The wedding day came quickly. I woke up and went down to get my hair done with some of the bridesmaids, and my sister and good friend, J, brought us bagels and hot drinks. After a stop at a friend's house for make-up help, we jetted off to the resort to get dressed. I got stuck in the dress trying to get it on and it took 3 people to get me completely in. I was definitely approaching nervous. We took some pictures ahead of time outside...the wind was crazy!

Our ceremony was going to be outside, but the weather didn't really permit it, so we got a once in a lifetime opportunity to get married in the restaurant (it was in the process of it's yearly maintenance) overlooking the ocean. Warm, dry and beautiful. Everyone we worked with was so great. Everyone looked very nice all dressed up. With the exception that my nerves finally got the best of me during the vows (I started laughing), it was a nice ceremony and the chaplain did a great job. Afterwards, we walked through the sword arch, a Navy tradition and I was welcomed into the navy.

The Reception was so fun!! We ate extremely tasty food, the DJ was excellent, and got to talk with a few friends. T and I got to dance to a few songs, and then we cut the top of our cupcake cake (with a sword, very cool.) So yummy! The only thing I wish could have been different was more time to talk with people, but I knew that wasn't realistic for the day.

Afterwards, we went to the bed and breakfast we were staying at for the night, where we were warmly greeted and shown to our room. If you ever get a chance to stay in PG and have a little spare money, I know a great place. We walked down and got hot chocolate at a place by the ocean and then called it a night.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is no link to click on to see pics. We'd love to see some.

10:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home