14 January 2007

A Jazz Concert

This week I had the pleasure of attending a jazz concert that was so fun and the singer had an amazing voice. It was Steven March Tourme sings Mel Tourme. Basically, he put together a concert that was a tribute to his dad's life and music. Now, I'm not all that fond of scat singing, but I overlooked that part to enjoy the rest of the concert. Mel Tourme was great at arranging melodies and all of that, but he also wrote quite a few songs as well. He was one of the co-writers of Chestnuts roasting on an open fire. I told my parents, and they knew who he was instantly, so maybe it is a generation thing. My first clue was that my friend and I were the youngest ones in the audience by at least 10 years in most cases 20 years. Steven would mention other names fro the time period and the whole audience would make awe sounds or sounds of recognition, and I didn't have a clue who he was talking about. It was a fun night and the best part was my friend got tickets for free, so it was an amazing concert for free.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home