27 December 2006

A Day of Adventures

My sister just came to visit me, and when it is just us, we are very good at having adventures or mishaps or whatever you would like to call them. She came down on a day I had to work and was waiting for me when I got off, so we went to my favorite mexican food place here in town and drove through candy cane lane, which is a housing development that goes all out in Christmas lights. After dinner, I had to go to the grocery store and normally would walk, but the storm had come in. Rain was dumping from the sky and winds have been at 30 miles an hour or so and my sister not so fond of walking in rain, so we stopped on the way home in the car instead of walking. I bought a flat of water and was putting it in my trunk, when a huge gust of wind blew the trunk door closed.....right onto the side of my head. Lucky really, it didn't hit my temple. SO, I just grabbed my head and put pressure on it to help stop internal bleeding, and said something like "Ugh, that hurt." AFter asking if I was alright, Lynn started laughing and so did I. She said, I've got milk and water if that will help, which made us laugh more. NOt to fret, I used advil and ice to help the swelling all night, and went it today to get it checked just to be on the safe side. Just hard headed I guess. I don't think it will bruise too bad, but sister disagrees. We spent the rest of the night playing games and watching a movie. She won Disney scene it, but I won the sequence game. We giggled a lot and enjoyed it. (the paragraph button will not work, so this will be a long paragraph.) The next day, we went to the local aquarium and on the drive home along the ocean (it was still really windy), we got a traffic cone stuck under the car. Note that the cones with black on the bottom do not squish down. She used her feet to dislodge it, and I pulled and pulled and we got it out. A construction guy stopped on the way by and helped us take off the protective thing under the car, because one side of it was on the ground. Ah...the adventures we had and so much fun. I'm looking forward to the next time! (Hopefully there will be no hits to the face next time. It's only a little dark, not a full bruise yet.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home