27 October 2006

The Ball


OK. So I guess the pics are not working today on this site. Anyway, we all know the story of Cinderella, yes? She works as a slave for her evil stepmother and her fairy godmother helps her go to the ball. Well, with the exception of not having an evil stepmother, and not being a slave (although I do work in the kitchen as she did), I also went to a ball. The Navy birthday ball. It is now 231 years old....wow. I went with a friend in town, and wore the formal dress, strappy shoes, and had a friend and her sister help with hair etc. It was a really fun time. The ball took place at the oldest hotel in my area, which is where the company I work for officially had its start. Looking around, one could see the grandeur that the old hotel had, and we went for a walk through the gardens after dinner. There is even the pool still there...although it is now filled with sand and has a volleyball net strewn across it. It still has lifeguard stands and the metal bars that help you in and out of the deep end. My friend and I even attempted to dance. At the end of the night, he was walking me to my door, and I was juggling cell phone, keys etc (formal dresses do not have pockets) and while trying to get my keys out, I dropped my cell phone off the third floor balcony to the ground below. (While I know it is not a shoe, I still dropped something just like cinderella, but my friend went and retrieved it for me.) Not to fret, nothing happened to the phone and the night was really fun.

2 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Is this the outing you were talking about?

10:15 PM  
Blogger Dawn M said...

Yep, this is the outing.

8:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home