07 October 2006

Holiday

So, I am currently visiting my aunts, uncles, cousins, their kids and grandkids, with my mom. It was going to be mom and dad, but circumstances got in the way. The flight I took to get here left at 7am, and I boarded the flight and sat down in the window seat I was assigned, except I was on the wrong side of the aisle, A not D. The lady whose seat I was in told me just to stay there and she would take my window seat on the other side of the aisle. No big deal to me. Then, the last people are getting on the flight, and all three came to the aisle I was sitting in and said I was in their seat. So, I got up with all my stuff, and a flight attendent was trying to call someone up front, when the head attendent came back and said they had double booked that seat, and to come with them. (IT wasn't my seat, but the other lady's, but I just followed, and ended up in first class....free movie, free meal and alot of space. It was so nice for napping, although the seat was a little too big for me so it wasn't quite comfortable because the seat belt was around my ribs, but I'm not complaining...needless to say, it was a great flight.

My relatives live in a great food spot, and I can't even tell you how nice it has been to order sweet tea in restaurants and get some good southern cooking (minus the okra, collard and mixed greens. One of my aunts made a great chicken and pastry last night for dinner. Yum. Today I went to the state seafood festival with my cousin and his wife, and was surprised at the lack of seafood, although I had a great fried grouper sandwich on sweet bread. So tasty!! The only thing is on the way back, I fell asleep in the back seat (which probably won't surprise most of you) and felt a little bad that maybe they would think it was their company. I did tell them that it was normal on trips of more than 20 minutes, so hopefully that is o.k.

ONe of my aunts recently remarried, and I have to say that my new uncle is so funny. HIs career was one of those no one can know what you are doing so there have been some interesting stories. Even more fun was going to lunch with his daughter, who was so fun! I would love to get to know her better. Anyway, I'll keep you updated on all that is going on. Sister, I hope you find this sufficient enough, and see I did write something new. I have some other stories, but can't think of them at the moment.

2 Comments:

Blogger L said...

Hey, nice entry!!

4:05 PM  
Blogger Dawn M said...

Thanks!

11:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home