26 March 2007

Birthday fun

For this year's birthday, I decided to take a few days off of work and go visit some friends in the large southern city to the south. It was so refreshing and restful, even the driving. (Dad thanks for talking to me for an hour and a half on the drive home...couldn't have done it without you!)
My friend, J, and I share a birthday (although different years) and I went to spend a few days with her, and follow some of our traditions. First, dinner at my favorite Mongolian BBQ place of all time, followed by my favorite ice cream homemade cookie sandwich place. AH... A note - anyone who does not know my foreign country travel side would take one look at the dive that is the Mongolian place and never believe i would eat there, but honestly sometimes the dives have the best food.)
We spent the days together running, talking, I watched a movie and she took a nap....so peaceful! On Saturday night, we got dressed up - nice dresses, heels, make-up, and went out with her family to celebrate our birthdays and her mom's new job/promotion. So fun! ANd then, I went to karaoke for the first time ever, and discovered I have a nervous tell...but I am not going to tell you what it is. All in all a great time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home