05 April 2007

A Hike




One of my days off this week was spent on a little hike. It was pretty fun, and the sun was actually out. The crazy thing about this hike was that it started off looking like the pic on the left....cacti and brush, which was really pretty, and I was commenting on that when the friend I had gone with said that it would get even better. Supposedly we were going to hike into a place that had unicorns, fairies and pixie dust (so we could fly), so I figured maybe a few leprechauns could be thrown in as well. The trail was not that difficult except for a few spots where the step to go up the trail put my knee almost at my chest...a distinct disadvantage, but a great workout. Anyway, we hike back into this second picture....redwoods and waterfalls. We even made it to a place where the creek goes underground and comes back out about 3 feet later. It was pretty cool. Saw no mythical creatures, but did see plenty of shamrocks and got to eat lunch in a sunny glade. Then, went home and took a nap. Lazy I tell you...oh well, maybe I can say it was spring fever?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home